We know it's never fun going over the rules, but it's necessary! So we hope that everyone attending Jaycon will read over our policies and do their best to abide by them. If you aren't sure about something, feel free to ask any staffer.
- All Jaycon attendees are required to wear the badge they received from registration at all times while at the con. It must be visible at all times and showed to con staff for entrance into any event. If a staffer or member of Campus Security asks to see your badge, please comply.
- Do not run within the confines of the convention buildings.
- Please do not loiter in the center of the hallways. Sit or stand at the sides of the hallways to cut down on hallway congestion.
- Jaycon does not allow loud noisemakers, air horns, etc. If we deem a prop too noisy, we reserve the right to ask you to put it in your car for the remainder of the con.
- Illegal drugs are strictly prohibited at Jaycon. If you are caught with any, Campus Security will be notified.
- Alcohol is also strictly prohibited at Jaycon. We will notify Campus Security to confiscate it, and you will be asked to leave. (No exceptions!)
- You may not smoke inside any of the buildings. There are designated areas around campus for people to smoke. If you wish to smoke, you can ask Jaycon staff to direct you.
- Do not roughhouse, play fight, wrestle, or mosh.
- We know lines can be annoying, but wait your turn. If you are disruptive you will be sent to the back of the line. Please keep the hallways as clear as possible. Line Jumping will not be tolerated, and will result in movement to the end of the line.
- Please limit the use of profanity. Jaycon is a family-friendly event and we ask that attendees act accordingly.
- Partial or full nudity is not allowed. If Jaycon staff deems your costume (or lack thereof) inappropriate, we reserve the right to ask you to leave the convention until you are wearing the appropriate amount of clothing.
- Shoes are required within the convention area. Rollerblades and Heelies however, are not allowed in the buildings.
- Shoplifting will not be tolerated. If you are found stealing from other attendees, Game Room, from the tables in the Dealers' Room and Artist Alley, or anywhere within the convention areas, you will be reported to the authorities and removed from the convention.
- The Jaycon committee has certain rooms and areas booked on the Elizabethtown College campus. Jaycon attendees, who are not students at the college, ARE NOT permitted to go into areas that have not been designated for the convention. If you attempt to go into a building or a room that is not listed on the schedule, you will be redirected.
- Do not enter any rooms or areas designated "STAFF ONLY" or "GUESTS ONLY". These areas are off-limits to attendees.
- Do not handle or move convention property, including but not limited to tables, dividers, and technological equipment. If something is in the way or you need to move something for whatever reason, please get a staffer.
- Refrain from unwanted physical contact of others (ie, glomping/kissing/hugging without permission). Always ask first!
- Do not enter the convention buildings before or after the set con hours. Staffers will direct you to exit the buildings until the correct time.
If Jaycon Staff or Elizabethtown Campus Security deems your behavior to be inappropriate or disruptive, we reserve the right to ask you to leave.
Minors At Jaycon
- All attendees who will be under the age of 18 on the date of the convention will be required to complete an Under-18 Form, which must be signed at the Registration Table by a legal guardian. Copies of these forms will be available at the convention and online at the Registration page.
- We recommend that attendees under the age of 18 be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Accompanying parents or guardians must also be registered for the convention.
- We do not charge registration fees for children under the age of 5.
- Some Jaycon programming will be labeled as 18+ Only. Anyone who wishes to attend 18+ programming must be at least 18 years of age, and must obtain an 18+ wristband from the Registration Table prior to the event.
- Only government-issued ID will be accepted as identification for issuing 18+ wristbands. School ID will not be valid for picking up wristbands.
- Wristbands that are damaged must be replaced by Staff at the Registration Table before admittance to 18+ Programming.
Cameras and Photography
With the exception of video screening rooms, most areas of Jaycon allow photography, unless otherwise specified. Additionally, there are some photo guidelines we request that attendees follow:
- Do not harass guests or attendees for photos. It is proper procedure to first ask if you may take a photo. If they decline, please respect their request.
- Please be considerate when stopping to take photos in the hallway by making the photo op quick and not blocking the main flow of hallway traffic.
Weapons & Cosplay Props
Please use common sense when you think of bringing something to the convention. If you would not take your prop into public, please do not bring it to the con. Some general rules to keep in mind:
- All props and weapons are subject to approval by Jaycon Staff. We may ask to see your prop or weapon at the Registration desk. Please understand that we do this for the safety of all our attendees, and cooperate accordingly.
- The maximum prop size is six feet (6') in any direction.
- Misuse of your prop, by swinging it or endangering others with it, will result in Jaycon staff asking you to remove the prop from the convention spaces.
Types of Weapons and Props Allowed
- Wooden swords including boken, bo sticks, and shinai.
- Anything made of paper mache or other material that is not dangerous to others (e.g. has no sharp edges, or parts sticking out that might trip people as they walk by).
- Easily recognizable replicas of weapons. Guns should have an orange safety tip. Guns, bows, etc. that do not actually fire anything.
Types of Weapons and Props NOT Allowed
- Any weapon that can shoot a projectile, or could in the past, will not be permitted. Prohibited examples include, but are not limited to:
- Airsoft guns - Even if it has been disabled or modified
- Water guns/pistols/rifles/blasters
- BB/Pellet guns
- Crossbows, bows, dart guns, or blow guns
- Props, resin casts, and toys simulating the appearance of such items will be allowed only if they:
- Are easily identifiable as toys or props
- Have no moving parts
- Are marked with a non-removable orange tip
- No live steel; Live steel is defined as any object made of metal that is capable of taking an edge, whether or not the object is actually sharp, and whether or not the object is sheathed.
- No nunchaku.
- No paddles.
- No explosives or chemicals of any kind.
If your cosplay includes something that was not mentioned in the rules and you are not sure if it would be allowed, feel free to contact us! We will be happy to answer any questions.
KEEP IN MIND: REPEATED VIOLATIONS OF ANY OF THESE RULES WILL BE CAUSE FOR US TO ASK YOU TO LEAVE. Staff members will be available and visible with distinct staff T-shirts and lanyards. We are there to help, but we also have to right to ask attendees to cease any action we deem unfit.